THIS MODULE ALLOWS CANDIDATES TO DEMONSTRATE THE ABILITY TO USE A WORD PROCESSING APPLICATION TO ACCOMPLISH EVERYDAY TASKS ASSOCIATED WITH CREATING, FORMATTING, AND FINISHING SMALL-SIZED WORD PROCESSING DOCUMENTS, SUCH AS LETTERS AND OTHER EVERYDAY DOCUMENTS.
ON COMPLETION OF THIS MODULE THE CANDIDATE WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Work with documents and save them in different file formats.
- Choose built-in options, such as the Help function, to enhance productivity.
- Create and edit small-sized word processing documents that will be ready to share and distribute.
- Apply different formats to documents to enhance them before distribution; recognise good practice in choosing the appropriate formatting options.
- Insert tables, images, and drawn objects into documents.
- Prepare documents for mail merge operations.
- Adjust document page settings.
- Check and correct spelling before finally printing documents.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS MODULE?
- Covers the key skills needed to use a word processing application.
- Can be applied to a range of word processing software from vendor packages to ‘freeware’.
- Certifies best practice in effective word processing software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.