THIS MODULE ALLOWS CANDIDATES TO UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF A DATABASE AND DEMONSTRATE COMPETENCE IN USING A DATABASE.
ON COMPLETION OF THIS MODULE THE CANDIDATE WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand what a database is and how it is organised and operated.
- Create a simple database and view the database content in various modes.
- Create a table; define and modify fields and their properties; enter and edit data in a table.
- Sort and filter a table or form; create, modify and run queries to retrieve specific information from a database.
- Understand what a form is; create a form to enter, modify, and delete records and data in records.
- Create routine reports and prepare outputs ready for distribution.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS MODULE?
- Covers the key skills needed to organise and operate a database.
- Can be applied to a range of database software from vendor packages to ‘freeware’.
- Certifies best practice in effective database software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.