THIS MODULE SETS OUT ESSENTIAL CONCEPTS AND SKILLS RELATING TO WEB BROWSING, EFFECTIVE INFORMATION SEARCH, ONLINE COMMUNICATION AND E-MAIL.
ON COMPLETION OF THIS MODULE THE CANDIDATE WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand web browsing and online security concepts.
- Use the web browser and manage browser settings, bookmarks, and web outputs.
- Search effectively for online information and critically evaluate web content.
- Understand key copyright and data protection issues.
- Understand concepts of online communities, communications and email.
- Send, receive e-mails and manage email settings.
- Organise and search emails and use calendars.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS MODULE?
- Covers the key skills needed to understand the main concepts relating to web browsing and online security.
- Certifies best practice in effective online computer use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.