THIS MODULE ALLOWS CANDIDATES TO UNDERSTAND THE MAIN CONCEPTS UNDERLYING THE SECURE USE OF ICT IN DAILY LIFE AND TO USE RELEVANT TECHNIQUES AND APPLICATIONS TO MAINTAIN A SECURE NETWORK CONNECTION, USE THE INTERNET SAFELY AND SECURELY, AND MANAGE DATA AND INFORMATION APPROPRIATELY.
ON COMPLETION OF THIS MODULE THE CANDIDATE WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the key concepts relating to the importance of secure information and data, physical security, privacy, and identity theft.
- Protect a computer, device, or network from malware and unauthorized access.
- Understand the types of networks, connection types, and network specific issues, including firewalls.
- Browse the World Wide Web; communicate on the Internet securely.
- Understand security issues related to communications, including e-mail and instant messaging.
- Back up and restore data appropriately and safely; securely dispose of data and devices.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS MODULE?
- Covers the skills needed to understand the key concepts relating to the importance of secure information and data, physical security, privacy, and identity theft.
- Certifies best practices in IT security.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practicing computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.