THIS MODULE SETS OUT ESSENTIAL CONCEPTS AND SKILLS RELATING TO THE USE OF DEVICES, FILE CREATION AND MANAGEMENT, NETWORKS, AND DATA SECURITY.
ON COMPLETION OF THIS MODULE THE CANDIDATE WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand key concepts relating to ICT, computers, devices and software.
- Start up and shut down a computer.
- Work effectively on the computer desktop using icons, windows.
- Adjust the main operating system settings and use built-in help features.
- Create a simple document and print an output.
- Know about the main concepts of file management and be able to efficiently organise files and folders.
- Understand key storage concepts and use utility software to compress and extract large files.
- Understand network concepts and connection options and be able to connect to a network.
- Understand the importance of protecting data and devices from malware, and the importance of backing up data.
- Recognise considerations relating to green IT, accessibility, and user health.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS MODULE?
- Covers the key skills and main concepts relating to ICT,computers, devices, and software.
- Certifies best practice in effective computer use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practicing computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.